I cannot use points I don't know why...

Discussion in 'Feedback / Support' started by skanky_boy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. skanky_boy

skanky_boy Rookie FRACKERS MEMBER

Hi, i recently was going to use my points to get a password for a site but underneath it says 'Sorry, you cannot spend your points to view this content" . i'm not sure why it does this. Is there a way I can fix this, thanks

2. lukychrmz

lukychrmz Frackers Elite CONTRIBUTOR

Sorry, you cannot spend your Points to view this content yeah lol im getting the same message It could be the theme maybe....thats what was the problem last time, I would try that theory myself but I cant seem to find the option to change it lol

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  3. Spliffy

Spliffy Professional Fracker FRIEND

It does sound like it might be a theme specific problem, in the points system settings that needs changing for the new theme.... TC is the person who deals with the points system settings, I only know how to make a certain area give points, not sure about the settings for actually using the points to buy something.

I'm sure he'll be on to sort this out soon enough, I will let him know.

For now please change to the Predator theme and update us on whether it works or not in that theme.

To change the theme scroll all the way down to the bottom, and you'll see a dropdown menu that will probably show "-- NxOv2"

You need to click the dropdown menu and choose the "-- Predator" option.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

4. raunchyrandy

raunchyrandy Moderator MODERATOR

i was having the same issue, changed to predator and it works fine, thanks for the fix spliffy!

rr

5. skanky_boy

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Changing the theme might work for now but maybe I'm blind because I do not see a drop down menu when I scroll down to the bottom...

6. Spliffy

Sorry I forgot to say, it's at the bottom in the left corner.

See screenshot below:

[​IMG]

7. Spliffy

Ok I've just logged in with my test account as a member, and I can see that for some reason the drop down menu isn't there.

Now I understand why you were having so much trouble finding it...lol

I'll try and find the direct link to change skin, please bare with us.

8. Spliffy

9. lukychrmz

I was just looking there too, lol thanks for assuring me I wasnt going insane

10. darkeevee

darkeevee Active Fracker FRACKERS MEMBER

hey spliffy the direct link to change back the theme to predator isnt working for me it just loads with the new theme how can i change it in my profile i forgot where on my profile but i remembered i could do it on user cp

11. bsktkase

bsktkase Admin FRACKERS TEAM ADMINISTRATOR

In User CP you can change it as well, it'll be on the left hand side under "Settings and Options", then click on "edit options", and you'll have to scroll down a bit to see the "forum skin" section.

12. Spliffy

You can try that if you want, it's under:

Settings & Options --> Edit Options --> Miscellaneous Options

But if the direct link isn't working then I think TC must have set that skin up to override any other skin for lower usergroups...

We will have to wait for TC to come online, and he will shed some light on the situation, he may have done it for a reason.

Sorry I can't help further, I've tried my best to come up with a fix, but it doesn't seem to be working out for the lower usergroups.

13. darkeevee

darkeevee Active Fracker FRACKERS MEMBER

thank you i tried everything the scroll down option isnt there but i can wait till there is a fix

14. The Crow

The Crow Administration FRACKERS TEAM ADMINISTRATOR

1. Points issue.

I made a couple edits on the charge script and now the errors are gone (according to my test account). Please let me know if you keep getting problems.

2. Themes issue.

Skins were disabled for members, only Member+ and above can select them. The reason for this is that they generate a lot of work and very few members actually use a skin that isn't the one set as default. The plan is to have a light option and a mobile option for everyone.

Sorry for not keeping you up-to-date with all the changes, something came up that kept me offline most of last week. We'll make a thread explaining all stuff we've changed lately, the things we're working on now and the things we have planned for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lukychrmz

just tried and everything is working again

big thanks for fixing the problem!!

16. skanky_boy

I can now use my points, so thanks for fixing it