World Cup Talk

Discussion in 'Frackers Chatter' started by Raylan, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Raylan

Raylan Administration FRACKERS TEAM ADMINISTRATOR

It's finally here and the referees and FIFA are already cheating to help Brazil win the cup. Let's discuss the event in this thread, what did you think of the opening ceremony? and the game? will FIFA cheat to get Brazil to the finals? I think yeah...

2. The Crow

The Crow Administration FRACKERS TEAM ADMINISTRATOR

I never watch the opening ceremonies of any event except the Olympics, so I didn't watch this one either. The game was boring and the referee assisting Brazil is only the shape of things to come; FIFA will make sure to get Brazil at least to semis.

Now all teams know they'll have to play against 12 when they face Brazil. Some interesting games today, specially Spain vs Holland, should be a great game.

3. S!nN3R

S!nN3R I'm a Fracker! CRACKING TEAM

argentina will win it! :D:

4. bsktkase

bsktkase Admin FRACKERS TEAM ADMINISTRATOR

Brazil is looking shaky. Mexico shut them down to a tie and their first game was saved by a refs call so can't really say there looking the best right now. I gotta say Germany is looking strong after the first games. Also Netherlands is looking strong after 2 wins already.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  5. The Crow

With that defense? Dream on. :p

I think Brazil has the weakest team in their history in the World Cup. Playing at home is the only advantage they have; there are much better teams, even non-traditional teams like Chile, Colombia and Belgium are better.

Spain made fools of themselves. Worst performance by a current WC champion in history.

I like Germany and the Netherlands. Argentina has the best offense, but their defense is mediocre at best. I think this WC could be the first that a non-traditional country wins it, I'm liking Chile a lot and Belgium has potential to beat anyone, although their youth might play against them.

I like that the teams of our area (CONCACAF) are being competitive and winning games (except Honduras), one of them at least might reach the quarter finals or even better, hopefully.

6. Raylan

Sad to see England go, but who really expected more from a team whose league makes only about 20% of english players start each game. Coast Rica came out of the blue, I didn't even expect them to score a goal during the world cup. Italy disappointing. The Netherlands is the team that has impressed me the most so far, Germany too. Argentina won't play any strong teams during this round, so I would like to see them facing a power team before making my mind about them. All in all, great world cup so far. Lots of goals, fun games.

7. The Crow

To me England played well, they were unlucky to face two strong teams in the first two games. They really had the opportunity to win both. Isn't it possible for England to play as U.K. instead? imagine players like Bale, Ramsey and others added to the team, it'd be much stronger.

Good game by the U.S. against Portugal, they almost secured advancing to the next round, it's gonna be tough for all teams in that group to make it to the next round, but Germany and the U.S. have the better chances.

8. bsktkase

That was a hearthbreaking loss for U.S., they looked good attacking in the 1st half then once they took the lead, they just sat back and had no possession and just played horrible defense. They shouldn't have changed the gameplan just cause they took the lead. Hopefully Germany just ends up tying U.S. that way both advance.

9. Raylan

It's not possible because each country has its own federation and different leagues so FIFA considers them as different countries all together. The PL would have to be played all over the kingdom as one for this to happen and I don't see this ever happening.

What about Suarez, huh? that guy is insane, for once FIFA did the right thing banning this nutjob.

10. bsktkase

I just can't believe he's done this 2 other times and this the 3rd time and not one of the guys he's bit has even punched or did anything to him, unbelievable. Anything less than a suspension for rest of this world cup would've been a disaster for fifa. Glad he got suspended, he needs help though, he's got biting issues :banhappy:

The USA game was a rollercoaster of a game to watch. They were clearly outclassed by Belgium, if not for Tim Howard saving everything he could Belgium should've at least had a 3 or 4 goal win in regular time. Frustrating finish for them but this loss clearly pointed out how they have no possession guys at all to control the ball, its so bad. Great run though by them and very exciting games they played.

My final four prediction i had is pretty good still, only one i lost out on early was Spain. Still got Argentina, Brazil, and Germany surviving. Got Germany winning it all, thinking Netherlands gonna be the other final team.

11. Raylan

They provoke him to get that reaction from him, if they punch him they defeat the purpose. :D:

It's like Zidane in the '06 world cup, Materazzi was trash talking to him and he lost his mind and headbutted him.

Suarez is mentally weak and everyone knows it, because of this new biting incident they'll keep picking on him in every game, I won't be surprised if he bites someone else, the guy is obviously sick in the head.

Team USA did a great job. Great to hear people in America were so into them and so into the world cup, if they mantain that level of support it won't take long for them to win the cup. Nobody competes harder in the world than US teams.

Same here, though I think Belgium might surprise the argentinians. I was dissappointed by the colombian team, they had played excellent the whole tournament and today they choked. They hadn't faced a team of this quality and it showed that they were just an illusion, they have great players though, James Rodriguez is wonderful.

Neymar is out of the tournament, I don't see how Brazil will defeat the germans without him.

12. bsktkase

The 2 semi final matches couldn't have been more different. Brazil didn't stand a chance against Germany, after the 2nd goal Brazil just seemed to give up and it was like a shooting gallery for the germans on goal. Even with Neymar i still think Germany would've won but that game was over before the half.

The Netherlands and Argentina match was quite the opposite of the other semi final. This match was slow, boring and no one really wanted to take a chance to score or even move around much. Maybe we got spoiled with the goals in that germany-brazil match but at least these countries should've took more chances. Argentina won in penalty kicks but not really impressed with them.

So we got Germany and Argentina left in the finals. I picked Germany to win it from the start and not changing that pick now. Germany for sure is the more better team and i don't really see them sitting back and hoping to go to penalty kicks so i hope someone scores early so we can get a nice flow and pace to this game to stay interested.