Updated List of Down File Hosting Sites

bsktkase

Admin
FRACKERS MEMBER
Jan 24, 2008
Here's just a list of sites that have been taken down or that have closed their affiliate programs due to Megaupload issues going on right now, will update list as new sites are taken down or changing ways.

- MegaUpload.com (Down) (TakeDown)

- Crocko.com (Closed affiliate program)

- EnterUpload.com (Down) (Redirect)

- FileServe.com (As good as dead) (Closed affiliate program; You can no longer download files unless you own them)

- FileSonic.com (As good as dead) (Closed affiliate program; You can no longer download files unless you own them)

- FileJungle.com (As good as dead) (Closed affiliate program; You can no longer download files unless you own them)

- Putlocker.com (Closing affiliate program Feb 1)

- Uploading.com (Suspended affiliate program)

- UploadStation.com (As good as dead) (Closed affiliate program; You can no longer download files unless you own them)

- Uploaded.to (Blocked U.S. Visitors)

- VideoZer.com (Closed affiliate program)

- VideoBB.com (Closed affiliate program)

- x7.to (Dead)

- Uploadbox.com (Shutting down, files deleted on Jan 30)

- Filepost.com (Closed affiliate program ; Suspending accounts with infringing material)

- 4shared.com (closing affiliate program Feb 1)

- Slingfile.com (closing affiliate program Jan 25)

So right now its looking pretty much the end of the line for file hosting sites which sucks for uploaders and even downloaders since no where really to download from at the moment. Sure you have a few still around but at the rate this is going it doesn't look too promising. Basically looking at getting things just off torrents for the meantime. I don't mind that for personal use but for those who relied on hosting sites to download from then you guys are pretty much left on the outside.

bsktkase

Admin
FRACKERS MEMBER
Jan 24, 2008
Torrent takes too long to download :(
RIP File Hosters
Yeah torrents do take more time but if more actually shared and that was was only option then i could see things being alot faster but not for all of course. Alot faster too to just upload to a filehost site and then download, torrents do take more time though.

The Crow

Administration
FRACKERS TEAM
ADMINISTRATOR
Jan 15, 2008
The Internet
www.frackers.org
I'm not worried about getting the newer stuff, I get a lot of that from Usenet anyway and I have an active account on a private torrent tracker (which I haven't used in ages, but it's still active). I am worried about the older stuff, like often I get interested in watching a movie from 5-10 or even more years ago, and those can't be found on Usenet, you get a torrent at best and the quality isn't always the best. I'm also worried about the non-scene releases of newer movies, like the re-encoded 720p movies, those are only posted (AFAIK) on warez forums and blogs, not even on torrent sites.

I'm sure new file hosting sites will pop out, but it doesn't mean they'll be as good as MU, FS or FSC. I'm still hopeful that Filesonic and Fileserve will come back to normal business eventually, once things cool down.

There's also the chance that Rapidshare returns to its former glory.

The FBI has sent the warez scene 6-7 years into the past with this MU hit...

bubbes12

Frackers Elite
CONTRIBUTOR
May 1, 2008
Its unfortunate but there are slower alternatives like Oron, Deposit, HF, SS, MF.
But when they took down MU it was a sad day for all of us

The Crow

Administration
FRACKERS TEAM
ADMINISTRATOR
Jan 15, 2008
The Internet
www.frackers.org
Well, Rapidshare is actually a very good option now, even for free users. So far they seem to be the main replacement for MU, FS and FSC in the warez scene. They also claim that they're not going anywhere, but who knows.

I just hope that they don't go back to the infamous 'Rapidshit' days now that their main competitors are out of the way. ;)

jimsmithwick

Feb 9, 2009
I'm not worried about getting the newer stuff, I get a lot of that from Usenet anyway and I have an active account on a private torrent tracker (which I haven't used in ages, but it's still active). I am worried about the older stuff, like often I get interested in watching a movie from 5-10 or even more years ago, and those can't be found on Usenet, you get a torrent at best and the quality isn't always the best. I'm also worried about the non-scene releases of newer movies, like the re-encoded 720p movies, those are only posted (AFAIK) on warez forums and blogs, not even on torrent sites.

I'm sure new file hosting sites will pop out, but it doesn't mean they'll be as good as MU, FS or FSC. I'm still hopeful that Filesonic and Fileserve will come back to normal business eventually, once things cool down.

There's also the chance that Rapidshare returns to its former glory.

The FBI has sent the warez scene 6-7 years into the past with this MU hit...
Same here, not really worried about the new stuff but I'm just totally pissed that all the rare and old stuff could be gone. I'm going to grab what I can after this weekend.

xpro9het

Rookie
FRACKERS MEMBER
Feb 6, 2013
A new day, indeed. One day even sites like this one will be forced to close.. A sad day that will, be...

micheljoachim

Rookie
FRACKERS MEMBER
Dec 31, 2019
Here's just a list of sites that have been taken down or that have closed their affiliate programs due to Megaupload issues going on right now, will update list as new sites are taken down or changing ways.

- MegaUpload.com (Down) (TakeDown)

- Crocko.com (Closed affiliate program)

- EnterUpload.com (Down) (Redirect)

- FileServe.com (As good as dead) (Closed affiliate program; You can no longer download files unless you own them)

- FileSonic.com (As good as dead) (Closed affiliate program; You can no longer download files unless you own them)

- FileJungle.com (As good as dead) (Closed affiliate program; You can no longer download files unless you own them)

- Putlocker.com (Closing affiliate program Feb 1)

- Uploading.com (Suspended affiliate program)

- UploadStation.com (As good as dead) (Closed affiliate program; You can no longer download files unless you own them)

- Uploaded.to (Blocked U.S. Visitors)

- VideoZer.com (Closed affiliate program)

- VideoBB.com (Closed affiliate program)

- x7.to (Dead)

- Uploadbox.com (Shutting down, files deleted on Jan 30)

- Filepost.com (Closed affiliate program ; Suspending accounts with infringing material)

- 4shared.com (closing affiliate program Feb 1)

- Slingfile.com (closing affiliate program Jan 25)

So right now its looking pretty much the end of the line for file-hosting sites which sucks for uploaders and even downloaders since no where really to download from at the moment. Sure you have a few still around but at the rate this is going it doesn't look too promising. Basically looking at getting things just off torrents for the meantime. I don't mind that for personal use but for those who relied on hosting sites to download from then you guys are pretty much left on the outside.
Hi thanks for the list I made full description for free file hosting sites